The diagnosis, treatment and management of an eating disorder is quite complex and requires a specialist who understands that each person’s experience with their disease is unique. Dr. Boyers offers comprehensive and compassionate treatment to families and patients ages 15 years and older utilizing and drawing upon a variety of theoretical orientations, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Schema Therapy, Stress Management and Relaxation Training, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), and Psychodynamic Therapy and Family Systems.
In addition to her specialty in the treatment of eating disorders, Dr. Boyers is also renowned for her expertise in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and receives many referrals from other mental health professionals for their patients. Dr. Boyers has extensive experience in treating a wide range of psychological conditions that respond well to CBT, including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and other Anxiety Disorders, Mood Disorders, and Personality Disorders.
Dr. Boyers is also trained in Somatic Experiencing® (SE), a body-awareness approach to trauma, and expects to be certified in 2013. To learn more about SE, please click on the following link:
The extensive range of services offered by Dr. Boyers includes:
- Group Psychotherapy for Individuals with Eating Disorders
- Consultation and Support for Family Members
- Family Based Treatment or "Maudsely" for adolescents with eating disorders
- Consultation and Evaluation for the Purpose of Treatment Planning
- Residential or Comprehensive Treatment Placement
- Clinical Supervision for Residents in Psychology or Registered Interns (LMHC)
- Case Consultation for Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Lectures and speaking engagements
Dr. Boyers currently has a psychotherapy group for parents of individuals with long-term psychological conditions such as eating disorders, addiction, or personality disorders. Please contact Dr. Boyers for more information at 786-235-9000.